Tuesday, September 20, 2011

"The Spirit Sends Us Forth to Serve"

This is the text of a hymn we used on September 11 at St. Paul's Chapel. I held on to my bulletin for the text. It was written by Delores Dufner, OSB.

1. The spirit sends us forth to serve; we go in Jesus' name to bring glad tidings to the poor, God's favor to proclaim.
2. We go to comfort those who mourn and set the burdened free: where hope is dim, to share a dream and help the blind to see.
3. We go to be the hands of Christ, to scatter joy like seed and all our days, to cherish life, to do the loving deed.
4. Then let us go to serve in peace, the Gospel to proclaim. God's Spirit has empowered us; we go in Jesus' name. 


I'm not sure what about it I liked so much, but I think the evangelism aspect of it; we go to serve but not just serve but to bring glad tidings and to work. "Sharing a dream"means (to me) talking about what the dream is.

1 comment: